Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-19-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
StLee
All Star Starter

Thanked 829x in 540 posts
Fallout 4's America's Pastime

My past dynasty: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ll-league.html

Disclaimer:

The following dynasty is a Fan Fiction dynasty of the game Fallout 4, set in and around the former city of Boston. I am in no way associated with Fallout, Bethesda Games, or any affiliates thereof. All images used from the game are property of Bethesda Games. I have no financial gains from these images or the characters and locations from within the game.

This dynasty will include mature themes, coarse language, and spoilers of the game. If you are offended by any of these things, please do not read this dynasty! Further explained below.

Also, this dynasty is both about the game itself and baseball. The baseball part will come much later, possibly a few months later, though I will try to tease it a bit. There are a lot of baseball references within the Fallout game, so baseball is a part of the Fallout world more than any other sport.

The Dynasty:

This dynasty will take place during and after the events of the Fallout 4 game. I am using some characters from my past dynasty Fallout: New Vegas' Mojave Baseball Leaue, as well as some created characters and simulated characters from the game. The game will feature graphics for and references to both Fallout 4 and OOTP 17.

I am liberally using characters, places, and events from the Fallout universe to create this account of my dynasty. You can call it a true fan fiction dynasty because I am diverting from some story lines of the game to fit my fictional needs. Thus there will be some associations that are impossible in the game that I made possible in my rewritten account of the game.

Also, this dynasty includes some Fallout 4 SPOILERS. If you have not played the game but plan to in the future, you may want to consider that I am revealing the ending of the game and a few other key elements of the game in my dynasty. Please keep that in mind!!!

Additionally, I am using some language consistent with the language used in the Fallout games, so be aware that there will be adult words used. I am trying to re-edit my picture posts so that they do not contain some of that language. If I am breaking any forum rules, please let me know and I will edit out what has offended.

As a final note, the logos used in this dynasty are taken from the Fallout Wiki and Google searches. I have created all team uniforms based on those logos.

I hope you enjoy this dynasty. My previous Fallout dynasty gave me the push I needed to continue on. This time, I am trying to add more since I am anticipating that 2016 will allow me a hell of a lot more free time than 2014 and 2015 did.

Current dynasties: Tournament of Champions: Promotion, Relegation, and Forced Relocation and Fallout 4's America's Pastime.

Completed dynasty: Fallout: New Vegas' Mojave Baseball League

Uniforms: My custom uniforms
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
sol_phenom (05-17-2016), TheMaus2 (02-20-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #2
StLee
All Star Starter

The Players

I feel like characters need some sort of title in the Fallout universe. Perhaps that is because of the Fallout universe making the main character editable, thus giving him/her a title that fits the intention of the game. In Fallout 4, the main character is given the title the Sole Survivor. I am calling that person Jack Steele in this game because that name sounds like someone who could dominate whatever he does. As you’ll see in his back story, he does indeed do some of that.

For Jack Steele, I will portray his character through first person entries on (eventually) networked terminals. There will also be two storytellers who give more accounts of action, The Poet and The Prosaist. Those names may change, but their jobs are to manage the narration of the story which may sometimes jump around in time or include some dramatic interludes. Their role is similar to The Historian’s role in my Fallout: New Vegas dynasty.

Some characters from the Fallout 4 game are also prominent here. Some will or might become prominent later. However, two characters who have jobs perfect for my dynasty are the reporter Piper Wright and the detective Nick Valentine. Through their jobs, Piper’s Publick Occurrences and Nick’s Valentine Detective Agency, I will be adding to the narrative of the present and future. I have created some Photoshop templates for their sections, which will help identify when I am going on a sidetrack or moving the story in a different direction through them.

There are a number of colorful characters, including Moe Cronin and his “swattahs,” Cricket’s delightfully devious and drugged weapons sales, Brawling Irish Cait, the prophet Mama Murphy, lounge singer Magnolia, radio disc jockey Travis Miles, scheming Bobbi No-Nose, Goodneighbor’s Mayor Hancock, Pickman and his post-postmodern art gallery, the curious Cabot family, and many, many others. In time, some or all of them will be featured.

There will also be some other characters infiltrating the dynasty. I will reveal those later, but some are important once the baseball section of the dynasty takes off. If you haven’t read some of the storylines from my other dynasty, reading them will help! If you haven’t played any Fallout games, playing them will also help!

Anyway, I hope I have created colorful characters as well as given more life to Fallout 4 characters. Enjoy the ride!

Current dynasties: Tournament of Champions: Promotion, Relegation, and Forced Relocation and Fallout 4's America's Pastime.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:28 PM   #3
StLee
All Star Starter

The Prosaist

I was in charge of the cleanup for Area 7. Found this old holotape. It just kept repeating over and over.

War. War never changes.

If you are listening to this, you must know that the past, present, and future are all interlinked, timebombed. Whatever you call it. Change your ways or suffer a similar doom!

End all that is devious. Look to what it pure. America was great once, it was great again, and it can be great in the future. Remember that America has always had two pastimes. War and baseball. Choose the purer of the two. For all that is good, choose the purer of the two.

End broadcast.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #4
StLee
All Star Starter

The Poet

Here is the story about a man named Jack,
A war veteran and leader of the pack,
And then one day while he was at his home,
The Chinese came calling, dropping the bomb.
A-bomb, that is, rad-i-cal, Glowing Sea.

Well the first thing you know, Jack’s frozen in place,
Has to watch his wife murdered by old scar face,
Woke up from his nap seeking Shaun and a man,
Loaded up and started fighting in the Common…
Wealth, that is. Dirty landscape, death and stench.

Well now it’s time to focus in on Jack and his quest.
And I would like to thank you for reading the rest.
You’re all invited back to my new dynasty
To have a heaping helping of my lunacy,
Craziness, that is, insanity, delve into my multiverse.

Y’all drop some comments, you hear?

Thank you for this post:
TribeFanInNC (02-20-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #5
Tyke
All Star Reserve

Thanked 256x in 218 posts
Now you're talkin'! You know how much I enjoyed following your New Vegas dynasty, so I'm really looking forward to this. "Carry on, Wayward Son"
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
StLee (02-20-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #6
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 963x in 659 posts
lol on the poem....
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
StLee (02-20-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 08:05 AM   #7
StLee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
Now you're talkin'! You know how much I enjoyed following your New Vegas dynasty, so I'm really looking forward to this. "Carry on, Wayward Son"
Glad you're on port or starboard or walking the plank. Sam and Dean come to mind every time I hear of the "Wayward Son" now.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:06 AM   #8
StLee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
lol on the poem....
Now, now. No one ever said The Poet was a talented one. He may even be prone to ripping song lyrics on the majority of his verse.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:26 AM   #9
StLee
All Star Starter

The Prosaist

I scoured the complete records of our database. There were several documents about Jack Steele, but this one is the most relevant for the stories we're about to tell.

We have/had heroes and antiheroes from all areas of the former United States and its subsequent states and regions. However, since my assignment is to Area 7, I am concentrating on what I believe to be the most interesting story there. I just wish I were alive to see it. Well, at least I have Jack Steele and his motley crew to thank for being alive at all.

Here is one of the classified documents I found. There were other reports in response to this one, and I assume that Jack Steele was never privy to those reports. However, here was the shaping stone for what made Jack one of the truest badasses of the Commonwealth and the pre-civilized era.

U.S. Army – Classified Document
Mission: Operation Pacific Island #0021, AKA The Island
Date of Operation: 9.13.2073-10.15.2073, 33 days
Grapher: Jack Steele, Elite Operations
Classification: Honorably Discharged

Report: *** (Footnotes follow)

This was my 3d and final mission with Elite, the Minutemen, aka the Gamers. 10 of us sent out. All KIA, except for me.(!)

We were at The Island (TI), an uncharted island in the S Pacific. It was well-known to the US military as enemy territory and was one of the primary training grounds for some of the new warfare tactics being used by Chinese. These were biological weapons in nature.

When we got to TI, I could see that the place was different. Beyond the beach was a deep thicket. There were human bones and camps strewn across the beach.

As we explored TI, we found a US military installment/bunker that had been abandoned. It was good that we found it bc we found out later that camping outside pretty much meant death. Inside our base, docs and a few terminals indicated that TI was something far more sinister than I thought it was. It was actually a training facility and experimentation outpost. The subjects were Chinese political prisoners as well as American and Canadian POWs. I had discovered too late that I was in for a **** ride of pain.

We made a 5-pt system based on the observable part of TI. From the base, we knew there was the beach to the S and it curved W around a bend. The beach was Point 1 (P1) for scavenging purposes. The bend was P2. My partner, Otto, and I went to P3, a large clearing to the N bc we were better equipped for surviving open space in case of unfriendlies (sic) out there. We didn’t need stealth tactics, so walking out in the open was perfectly OK.

Otto and I came across a lean-to with what we thought was a fresh corpse. We got close, and this corpse in a Chinese mil. Uniform stood up and started rushing us. As he’s coming, I see 2 more rise up. Otto was abt to shoot but I suggested flanking and clubbing in case more were near. They flopped around and I just went to bat on one skull. Otto pinned another with another rushing. I took a 2nd out and then Otto skullstabbed (sic) the last. Around the lean-to, we found 2 more bodies. But they were bound with bullet holes in their skulls.

We tried to radio the others but nothing. At RDV point, only 6 of us returned. Pts 4 and 5 were in the woods. They never came back. Beyond the clearing, we found nothing else. Only the zombies. Pts 1 and 2 were pretty much dead ends. The 6 of us decided to go out the next day looking for our boys.

When we went out to the woods, we discovered why none of the 4 from before came back: zombie ambush. Not three like Otto and I found, but maybe a hundred. We didn’t have the arms or defenses for that number of enemies, so we attempted to fall back. Based on numbers of enemies, we assumed Skydog, Buttscope, Sixtoes, and Napkin to be KIA at this point. Officially MIA. In the fight, we separated but all arrived at RDV point by 1300. We reinforced the bunker door while the zombies tried to get in. By 1400 all attempts to enter had stopped but we saw many loitering outside the bunker.

At this point we attempted to repair or build working radios for assistance but could not make contact with pick up. We also attempted to build traps for helping us further explore TI. From the bunker, JQuest acted as sniper, but each killshot resulted in the zombies swarming and making indentures in bunker’s steel door.

On D5, we mostly lost all zombies who returned to the wooded area. We assumed there was something for them that way. We also took reports on our cartographs. P1 was devoid of life and usable munitions. We did have a few blankets and changes of clothes, as well as reading material to pass the time. P2 was uninhabited beach. There were digdugs and tropical fruits available there for future need of food or escape. P3 was a clearing but we did note a manmade (sic) path to the extreme NE before the zombie incident.

We did not leave the bunker until D8. We tried to limit using firearms for fear of the horde returning, so we hacked at the zombies in our area. One thing about them: they were fast but somewhat clumsy. On attacks, they could close in space but had trouble keeping their balance, causing them to flop over. But very strong. Stronger than us. We had to stay upright to stay alive. But lost Santa on our second mission when he was overpowered by three. They started consuming him on the spot, forgetting about other enemies.$$$ Therefore, we easily stabkilled (sic) Santa’s killers.

We made our mission to get back to P3 since it was open and empty. However, we made contact with biological wildlife in the clearing, including oversized insects and what we assume was a bear. Insects looked like overgrown horseflies. We saw four, all dispatched with bayonets. The bear had rotten flesh like the zombies. It charged, so J Quest and Viper unleashed firearms on it until it was dead. We examined it, and it had claws like a bear but looked almost manlike otherwise, like a Werewolf, actually. It was like the goddamn Chinese mixed a man with a bear. Werebear? I later found a cage at the fort labeled in both English and Chinese. In English, it had the words “Yao Guai” written on it. I guess that’s Chinese for ****ed Up Bear.

We waited after firing shots, but we didn’t see any more zombies from the S or the woods to our SE, so we kept going towards the path. We lost daylight to a storm so huddled up in the lean-to until daybreak, D9.
D9 we made it to the path which winded into another wooded area. Otto went missing on a **** break, don’t know by what. Not zombies because they announce their presence, so we thought there could be Chinese military on TI. A half-day search produced no Otto nor enemies. Maybe AWOL? Officially MIA.

No safe place to camp on wooded path so we went back to clearing and then to RDV point for D10 to resupply. Now down to 4 men: me, JQuest, Viper, and Coldshot. We spent D11 as rest and recover day. None of us were injured but all fatigued with 3 weeks until pickup.

D12, we headed back to the clearing, pushed up to path. Found path to be strewn with a number of chems and used syringes. Did area scouting looking for ambush points, traps, caverns, or whatever could explain Otto’s disappearance. Again found no signs of life on path that particular day. Headed back to lean-to for camp.

D13, back to path at sunrise, path led up hilly area overlooking wooded area to S. Found NShore at top of hill. Rocky area, not beach. To E, saw manmade structure. Turned out to be Chinese fort but with no patrolling troops. Painted on the side of the fort was this, later copied by me:

怪物是我們的神 @@@

We found no open entry access, with the fort’s entryways fortified, supposedly against the zombies. Therefore, we scaled the wall at its lowest point, about 12 feet. Inside, we found the remains of upwards of 200 Chinese soldiers in the open ground. All had gunshot wounds to the head in typical roundup style.

Inside the walled area, we found science labs containing unidentified chems.%%% JQuest entered a dank room and got sprayed with a green mist. He panicked and couldn’t be contained. There were no physical signs of change but he kept saying he didn’t want to be one of “them,’ which we guessed meant the zombies. He eventually broke free and opened a side door of the fort, escaping into the woods. Officially MIA.

After we lost JQuest, we used frags for all other entries. Most were barracks with mess hall and offices. One door was a staircase leading underground. *REDACTED - Classified Information: Level Omega*

Once we got to the East Coast, only Viper and I remained. We never even saw when we lost Coldshot, but in the noise and mayhem, he didn’t emerge with us. The sun was up by this time, D16. We hugged the rocky coast until we reached a trench. In the distance we saw a harbor with the burned shells of five Chinese ships. There were also some zombies there milling about the harbor. We figured we might be able to find more ammunition and weapons, so we headed to the harbor with intentions of taking out the zombies we had to.

There was one docked ship, a small civilian ship that was unburned (sic). It had nets for fishing but the engine was stripped. We thought about taking it out to sea with just pushpoles but we weren’t sure that we could handle the boat if currents took us out. We did take out all the zombies near the harbor. Two of them were *REDACTED – Classified Information: Level OMEGA*

D17, we woke up on the ship and I noticed for the first time that there were operating radios and inactive turrets at the harbor. Viper had some training in programming, but the terminals were all in Chinese. The turrets were shut down, but we were afraid they would fire on us instead of the zombies in Chinese uniforms. So we left the turrets inactive for the time being and sent a few bars of Morse on the radio:

..-…--.-.-.- -.-…….-..- &%$

What we did instead was to set up a perimeter there as one big death trap. We collected all of the strong rope left and tied it at shin height for runners. We then set up trigger traps on the second level for any that got past the ropes to get incinerated. The fish ship acted as our last defense, we would cut the ropes and let it out if the horde reached us, using them to set the ship assail.

I told Viper that I was ready to rid this place of every last one of the horde. Our debate came in on whether we needed to draw them out or flush them out via fire. Viper finally convinced me that setting the forest ablaze could backfire if the winds shifted to blow ashes towards us. We also considered that the 7 missing could still be out there and alive. So draw them out was the winner. How? Pots and pans.

D18, after we fed on salted meat and canned fish and corn, and after we each took a few swigs of whiskey, we started our plan to take out the hordes. Viper took point while I fell back with the pots and pans. On his cue, I started banging, trying to draw as many out as I could. Within minutes, five came rushing out in my direction. Viper flanked all five and took them out before they could reach the rope. More started filing into the area, causing me to quit banging and start booming. I launched a few hand grenades into the oncoming rush and then unloaded my rifle into as many as I could. Something I noticed about the zombies was that their midsections were quite strong but their heads and legs, especially their legs. So, I alerted Viper and we shot low. By nightfall, there were mounds of dead zombies, very few even reaching the ropes. We fell back, sharing guard duties, but nothing came throughout the night.

D19, again I banged. This time nothing came. We went on a short recon walk through the woods. We couldn’t find any of the horde, so we spent time clearing the path from the woods to the docks. We dragged most off to the side and dropped more in the water.

D20, again I banged. Again, nothing came. We thought that we had cleared them out, at least all in the area. By our estimation, it took only 2 days to get N-S of TI and 3 days going W-E. I assumed a trip through the woods would take at least 1-1.5 days, so it seemed out of the question. Instead, we decided to risk the crags to the SW, trying to get back to the RDV point and the bunker. Viper agreed that we could go that way, but he wanted to spend some time in the woods to see if it had anything inside. So, we spent the rest of D20 exploring.

That’s when we found *REDACTED - Classified Information: Level Omega*

D31, I finally made it to the RDV point. I was exhausted and lonely. I only needed to survive two days and decided the best place was in the bunker. There was still plenty of food available, so I read and I ate and I thought. I knew I was done. I couldn’t make another mission. This was like a nightmare, and all I thought about was my wife and our coming child. Hope anew, unlike our world. Unlike finding out *REDACTED - Classified Information: Level Omega*

Footnotes:
*** - Written by J Steele, without edits or withheld information. Redacted information due to revealed active classified information.
(!) – KIA is J Steele’s estimate, not the official stance. Only codename Santa is officially KIA via J Steele’s report.
$$$ - Zombie biological weapons: strong and quick, balance issues, hunger ends battle abilities. Many wearing military uniforms, including China, US, and Canada.
@@@ - Translation: Monsters are our gods.
%%% - Chems samples were turned in to BADTFL and the BWILA
&%$ - Translation = “Expletive China”

Thank you for this post:
Tyke (02-22-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 02:18 AM   #10
StLee
All Star Starter

Jack Steele

Photo courtesy of RobCo, for all your random wilderness photo needs. Below: Jack Steele in his old neighborhood of Sanctuary Hills.

From the terminal. Jack Steele's posts will all be via terminal.

Thank you for this post:
Tyke (02-25-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 07:15 AM   #11
StLee
All Star Starter

Jack Steele

2 thanks for this post:
TC Dale (05-17-2016), Tyke (05-17-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 07:31 AM   #12
StLee
All Star Starter

Jack Steele

Reader discretion advised.

Thank you for this post:
Tyke (05-20-2016)