Home | Webstore
Latest News: - OOTP 15: Update #5 Released! - OOTP 15 Released! - FHM 2014: Version 1.6.19 Available! - iOOTP Baseball 2014 for iOS Available NOW! - Beyond the Sideline Football Announced! - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 released!

OOTP 15 Released - Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2014, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 4 posts
Starting out

I've read through some of what is in the Inside The Ropes forum and mostly find what is there to be totally overwhelming. I think I get what a Universe is , but it's far too ambitious for what I'm able to manage. Boxing is a different sport and this is a different kind of simulation than I am used to.

I usually do single-team as-played replays against the AI in other simulations I play. I guess the equivalent here would be a single boxer's career vs. real-life opponents, with me setting the strategy for each round and the AI handling the opponent. Are there any words of warning before I begin?
LBWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 532x in 350 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBWood View Post
I usually do single-team as-played replays against the AI in other simulations I play. I guess the equivalent here would be a single boxer's career vs. real-life opponents, with me setting the strategy for each round and the AI handling the opponent. Are there any words of warning before I begin?
You might need to create some of the opponents. (Or ask and somebody might well do it for you).

I would also have the AI not control your opponents strategy - it will likely implement it wrong.

Otherwise you should be okay.

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 4 posts
I suppose some of the historical opponents might be too minor to exist in the database. Is there any real harm if I skip those bouts? The numbers won't add up the same. Will that affect my boxer's performance?

I guess I can control the strategies of both fighters. The more decisions to make, the greater the involvement.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll see what I can find out about creating opponents. That might be a good thing to learn.
LBWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 199x in 179 posts
Quote:
I suppose some of the historical opponents might be too minor to exist in the database. Is there any real harm if I skip those bouts? The numbers won't add up the same. Will that affect my boxer's performance?

I guess I can control the strategies of both fighters. The more decisions to make, the greater the involvement.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll see what I can find out about creating opponents. That might be a good thing to learn.
No, not @ all.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
LBWood (01-02-2014)
Old 01-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
All Star Starter

Thanked 532x in 350 posts
Quote:
I suppose some of the historical opponents might be too minor to exist in the database.
Yes it's unlikely every boxer you require is in the database, but they may have been created and posted in the Mods forum.

Two files here will boost your database by over 10,000 boxers.

One option is to search the forum for boxers you require, using the advanced search feature.

If they have not already been created, you could create them and post, if you wanted.

Quote:
I'll see what I can find out about creating opponents. That might be a good thing to learn.
I believe the latest manual is here.

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
LBWood (01-02-2014)