Out of the Park Baseball, the most realistic and best-selling baseball management game ever created, is finally available for iOS!
PLEASE NOTE: iOOTP Baseball 2013 is optimized for 3rd and 4th generation iPhones and iPod Touch or newer (or iPad first/second generation). You can play it on an iPhone 3G or iPod Touch second generation, but your experience might not be optimal.
iOOTP Baseball 2013 features a living world that uses the same robust simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball for Mac and PC, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Out of the Park Baseball is the second-highest-rated PC game ever on Metacritic and also received the PC Gamer Sports Game of the Year Award.
iOOTP Baseball offers three gameplay modes:
After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:
- Major Leagues: Which lets you guide your favorite major league team through the 2013 season and beyond.
- Fictional: iOOTP creates one of four fictional baseball worlds -- 2 divisions, 8 teams; 4 divisions, 16 teams; 4 divisions, 24 teams; or 6 divisions, 30 teams -- and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.
- Historical Replay: Choose one of three past seasons -- 1901, 1902, or 2009 -- and see if it produces a different outcome.
During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?
- Manage your team: Assemble your pitching staff and assign starting and bullpen roles. Create depth charts and batting lineups, including the ability to set lineups against right- and left-handed pitchers.
- Call the shots: Decide when to steal bases, bring in relief pitchers and pinch-hitters, put on the hit-and-run sign, pitch out with speedy runners on base, tweak your defensive alignment, and more.
- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contract extensions, sign free agents, put together trades, draft first-year players, promote players from the minors, put players on the disabled list, and more.
During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues as computer-controlled teams make decisions that you will need to pay attention to and possibly counter. Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?
iOOTP's realistic simulation engine generates extensive statistics for your perusal. You have plenty of options for assessing your players' output and making managerial decisions, and at any time you can view the best performances in the leagues, both from an individual and team perspective.
As iOOTP's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.
iOOTP Baseball is the ultimate game for baseball fans!