Going, Going ... Gone!
We Just Hit Out of the Park Baseball 13
Into the Upper Deck -
OOTP 13 is Available Now!
The baseball season has just gotten underway and you can follow along with Out of the Park Baseball 13, which is available now for just $39.99. Manage your favorite franchise, complete real 2012 major league rosters are included. Or perhaps you want to travel back through time and revisit a favorite era by starting in any year from 1871 onward. Or maybe you want to begin a brand new fictional league and see who emerges as your Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax, and other superstars.
Download links for the full version:
You can do all that and more with OOTP 13, the most in-depth, most immersive version of our best-selling, award-winning baseball sim we've ever published. Follow all the action in your baseball world as it happens in our ground-breaking Real-Time Simulation Mode. Enjoy the revolutionary Random Debut historical league mode - Mays, Ruth, Clemens, Mantle, Aaron, Koufax and Pujols in a single draft pool can be reality in OOTP 13! Make key decisions in response to crucial off-field situations with our new interactive storylines. Customize your league playoffs. Set up league associations with complete association-wide playoffs. Check out the completely revamped interface. And much, much more.
Out of the Park Baseball 13 is the best version we have ever produced, by far, and the critics anonymously agree, as reactions on our forum have been off the charts:
- "I think that OOTP 13 is hands-down the best version of OOTP ever as well as the most improved version ever."
- "If OOTP11 and OOTP12 were home runs, OOTP13 is a GRAND SLAM!"
- "Best version ever, hands down, and I've played 'em all."
Seamheads.com calls OOTP 13 "perhaps the best sports simulation game ever!"
Jon Williams at Advanced Fantasy Baseball put OOTP 13 through its paces and said: "I must warn you. This game is thoroughly addictive. I guarantee that you will be hooked five minutes after you complete your download."
Here's what you'll find in OOTP 13:
2012 Major League Rosters
You'll love our latest roster set, which features not only up-to-date Opening Day rosters for all major league teams but also thousands of individually-rated players for all minor leagues. Can Yu Darvish propel the Texas Rangers to the top of their division, or will Albert Pujols give the LA Angels the pop they need to win that race?
And that's not all. We're also current with the rule changes introduced by the new major league labor agreement, including:
- New rules for free agency, draft pick compensation, salary arbitration, and the amateur (Rule 4) draft
- Houston's move to the AL West at the beginning of the 2013 season, with the corresponding schedule adjustment
- A second wild card team in each major league, starting with the 2012 playoffs
Real-Time Simulation Mode
Here's a great way to feel like a big league general manager: turn on the new Real-Time Simulation Mode. While you browse stats, make roster moves, look for available free agents, and so forth, OOTP simulates the current day in the background at the speed you choose, complete with a scores and highlights ticker at the bottom of the screen.
The league scores screen lets you follow all the games in progress, so if something exciting is happening, you can jump in and watch or take the reins of your team (or any team, if you're in commissioner mode). The game's stats update in real-time too, so if one of your pitchers just threw a no-hitter, you'll see that reflected in his profile, and the news screen will highlight his accomplishment. League standings and statistical leader rankings also automatically update as games conclude.
After the day's games finish, you can advance to the next day, or you can tell OOTP to play out all the contests in real-time for a preset number of days.
Random Debut Historical League Mode
Can you imagine a team with legends from the past and present on the same roster? It is a reality now. Discover the revolutionary Random Debut mode in OOTP 13!
You start a league at any point in major league history and the rosters / inaugural draft pool are filled with players randomly picked from the historical database. The player ratings are calculated correctly so that the game can properly match up players from all eras. Then when you progress your league, rookie draft pools are automatically filled with random historical players at their debut age.
Imagine discovering an 18-year old Babe Ruth in the 1977 draft pool! How would a rotation with Halladay, Gibson and Cy Young do in 1955? Sammy Sosa leading the majors in 1907 with 12 home runs? Everything is possible. This new mode makes childhood dreams come true, you have to try it to believe it, it's that much fun!
OOTP 13 takes the storylines introduced by OOTP 12 to the next level with a layer of interactivity that brings you even closer to the general manager's office.
Here's an example: Your team is mired in a bad slump, and your star player takes his grievances to the media. Do you fine him to set an example, with the possibility he could become even more upset and see his morale decline? Do you ignore the incident and risk losing the respect of other team members? Do you take the drastic step of labeling the player a cancer and releasing him or arranging a hasty trade?
The decisions you make influence the way storylines develop. No two are ever alike, and they have wide-ranging effects on injuries, fan interest, team chemistry, player morale, player ratings, player potential, owner attitudes, and much more.
This system is optional, so you can turn it off if you want. We imagine there are many big league managers who would love to do that in real life.
League Associations and Expanded Playoff Modes
The game now supports associations with multiple leagues. Associated leagues may share certain rules, free agents, and/or draft pools. Once all seasons are completed in the associated leagues, the winners may meet in extra playoffs, determining the ultimate champion of your OOTP game.
League playoffs in OOTP 13 also offer more custom options, including, for example, first-round byes. Now you can run your league playoffs any way you want.
We have completely overhauled OOTP's interface, creating the best-looking and easiest to use OOTP experience to date.
OOTP 13 introduces a number of new or completely recoded screens, including:
- A redesigned manager home screen with a new task manager that keeps track of when you last visited certain sections of the game and alerts you to tasks that need your attention.
- A new in-game screen that merges the widget screen with the broadcast screen and automatically utilizes the available screen space in an optimal way.
- Completely new team and league home screens.
- A redesigned player profile screen.
- A new home screen that lists the most important information about each league in your currently loaded game.
- A new league association screen.
- An improved league schedule screen that adds a section which lists the next 7 days of action.
- An improved league standings screen.
- A new centralized online league screen.
- Improved league setup screens.
On top of the new and redesigned screens, we have changed the way HTLM reports behave inside the game. In OOTP 13, these reports and pages look like normal game screens and links to teams or players act like normal game buttons, eliminating possible confusion.
The menu system has also been improved, providing a cleaner look at the available options presented by a menu. Among many more small but useful changes, we have moved the toolbar to the right of the screen so it can be hidden or shown with a single click of a button.
Core Engine Improvements
Each year we improve or expand the game's core functionality, and this year is no exception.
OOTP 13 features the following improvements:
- Recoded trade AI engine, resulting in the most competitive computer GM ever in OOTP
- Improved pitcher creation and development. Fewer relievers are created for the amateur draft and fewer original starters eventually become starters because they fail to develop their off-speed stuff or stamina, forcing their conversion to relief duties.
- Improved roster AI in general
- Improved in-game AI, including defense and base-running
- Enhanced play-by-play
- Improved simulation speed
- Improved historical simulation accuracy
- Import / Export for drafts in online leagues
- SO MUCH MORE!
Get it now!
We are very proud of Out of the Park Baseball 13, it is definitely the best baseball management / simulation game every produced. So, what are you waiting for? Download OOTP 13 now, you will enjoy it!
The OOTP Developments Team
Buy OOTP 13 for PC Windows and Mac OS X
Click here to buy OOTP 13 for Linux