- All 32 real American football teams with their real players and current rosters.
- A 2D engine that represents all the action on the field, with the ability to call plays and watch them unfold, complete with the roar of the crowd and other sound effects.
- FaceGen support allows realistic images of all players.
- You dictate the action on the field: Set depth charts and develop strategies around your preferred style of play.
- A complete box score for every game played in the league during its history, so you can always look back on thrilling victories and agonizing defeats.
- The ability to sim decades into the future and watch teams' fortunes rise and fall as dynasties emerge, crumble, and eventually renew themselves.
- You call the shots from the front office: Participate in the draft for your team every spring; trade players; and negotiate contracts with draft picks and free agents.
- All of the (non playable) Division I colleges as well as many more, with real players, so you can draft the next crop of superstars every year.
- A realistic sim engine whose creation was informed by 15 years of experience developing OOTP's sim engine
- Complete histories, including stats, transactions, injuries, and contracts, for all players who have participated in a training camp during the past decade.
- Nearly 50 tracked stats, allowing you to go beyond the usual numbers and dig deep into players' performance.
- Each player features a Health Scan that lets you quickly assess their current situation by showing you which areas of their body are hurt, which areas are okay, and which ones are worn.
- A clear, clean interface that lets you easily find the information you need.
- Customization options, including the ability to change team names, the number of teams, the league structure, the league's country, and a variety of settings.
The features listed above could change as development progresses. During the coming months, OOTP Developments will reveal more about the game, including screenshots.